Balance Bike Maintenance and Assembly
Balance Bike Maintenance and Assembly Instructions
This product requires regular maintenance. The cleaning and maintenance of your balance bike should only be carried out by an adult.
- Lubricate the moving parts only if necessary, with a light application of a silicone based lubricant.
- Periodically check the bicycle for loose screws or worn parts. Replace or repair the parts as needed.
- Ensure that all the parts are clean, free of dust, dirt or sand.
- Store your balance bike bicycle in a dry place. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight may cause degradation of the plastic parts.
To assemble your Zoomy Balance Bike, either watch the following video or follow the instructions below.
What's in the Box
Please ensure you have all the parts necessary to assemble the bike. If you're missing anything, please contact us at email@example.com to have the parts sent to you.
Follow these easy steps:
- Remove the Packing Material
- Install the Rear Wheel
- Install the Front Wheel
- Install and Adjust the Fork and Handle Bars
- Install and Adjust the Seat & Post
Remove the Packing Material
Carefully remove your balance bike from the box. Dispose of any packing material.
Install the Rear Wheel
- Loosen the two end screws on one of the wheels so there's a large gap as shown.
- Insert the wheel into the fork as shown below.
- Position the lock so that it locks into the hole in the fork - this prevents the wheel from falling off.
- Do the same for the other side.
- Tighten the nuts to secure the wheel in place
Install the Front Wheel
- Insert the front wheel into the fork as shown. Make sure the lock is secured in place and tighten the screws.
Install and Adjust the Fork and Handle Bars
- Insert the two end-rings into the top and bottom of the frame as shown
- Insert the fork into the headset. Make sure the writing on the Zoomy decal is upright.
- Insert the ring and the clamp onto the top of the fork as shown below. If you have trouble inserting the clamp, turn it upside down and try again.
- Insert the handle bars into the frame
- Twist the handlebars so they are lined up with the front wheel. The correct position for the handle bars is as show, with the grips pointing slightly towards the rear.
- Adjust the height of the handle bars as required. You typically want them to be around mid-torso.
- IMPORTANT! Make sure that the minimum insertion mark on the stem is below the top of the headset (inside the frame).
- Tighten the clamp until the front wheel and the handle bar are tightly secured in place and won't move when hit or dropped. You may have to use pliers or a similar tool to ensure the clamp is tight enough.
Install and Adjust the Seat & Post
- Slide the clamp onto the seat post as show below.
- Slide the seat post into the seat tube and slide the clamp over the frame. If you have trouble sliding the clamp over the frame, turn it upside down and try again.
- Adjust the height of the seat as needed. Proper seat height should have the child sitting on the saddle, with feet flat on the ground, with a slight bend in the knees.
- IMPORTANT! Make sure that he minimum insertion mark on the seat post is below the top of the clamp.
- Tighten the clamp until the saddle and the seat tube are secured tightly in place and won't move when hit or dropped. You may have to use pliers or a similar tool to help tighten the clamp,
The bike should now be completely assembled and look like this: